Please note that this is a Thursday start date so that you can get logged in and join the forum ready to make the most of the weekend ahead.
Our creative souls need time to play and to explore. We need to refill our creative well. Taking care of your wellbeing takes care of you and allows you to nurture your creativity. This course balances colour and emotion with intention and connecting with your creative soul and creative community.
If you love to create editions of cards that you can send to friends and trade as Artist Trading Cards then this is for you!
If you love to create miniature works of art as cards or gifts this is for you!
If your creative spirit connects you to your soul and affirmations are part of your visual language then this is for you!
As I have grown as a creative I have realised the essential act of feeding my creativity and empowering myself to create from my soul. As a yogi, I use affirmations in my practice and my oracle cards grew out of this intention setting.
In this online class I will show you how I create layered mixed media backgrounds to create an edition of cards. I will take you on a journey with using symbols to express your heart's art. We will look at using colour to express mood and text to add affirmations.
You will end the course with a set of cards that you can swap with other creatives or use to build your own oracle (affirmation) card deck.
Materials you will need for the class:
- Heavy cartridge or watercolour paper - or pre-bought ATC card blanks
- acrylic paints or inks (or use what you have)
- coloured papers to use for collage (collect book pages, envelopes, magazine pages)
- magazine pages to cut from, paper ephemera (Tim Holtz packs)
- a printer to print downloads
- coloured pencils/pens
- Posca Pens (optional but I love them)
- Letter stamps (optional but I use them lots in my cards)
What you will learn on this course:
- How to work in a series
- Creating backgrounds
- Creating papers for collage
- Colour and emotion
- Working on a theme
- Layering up images
- Finding your creative flow
- How you can use affirmations to support your wellbeing
The course content can be accessed from 10am on the start date. You will have 3 weeks access to the content. I've planned the content to give you a full weekend of creativity or you can spread it over a a week of evenings.
You will be invited to join a private Facebook group for students on this course so that you can share your ideas and receive feedback from myself and others. It will help keep you inspired, motivated and accountable for getting started and fulfilling your create aspirations.
This course consists of:
- Welcome session
- 6 video tutorials allowing you to follow me as I create affirmation cards and a set of landscape inspired ATC cards.
- Set tasks for you to go through the processes and create your own cards.
- A concluding session
- A Facebook Group forum to allow you to share ideas and get inspiration and feedback.
- Access to my ongoing Facebook community to continue your creative journey in a supportive, like-minded community
What you will need to have:
- The materials on the materials list (see above)
- Access via a PC or laptop to my website where you can access the password protected pages
- Broadband wifi with sufficient speed to watch video content
- You will also need a willingness to have a go and try new ways of working - not focussed on the outcomes, but on devloping a creative flow and adapting new techniques
- Time - a weekend that you can set aside for yourself
- Commitment to fulfil the tasks and share with others in the group so that we can nurture each other.
What to expect:
- After signing up you will get email confirmation of your booking
- On the course start date you will be emailed the log-in codes at 10am. This gives you access to password protected website pages.
- You can access the course immediately and at any point for three weeks. Delivery is via video tutorials that you can start, stop and repeat as you wish.
- There are tasks set for you to try what you have been shown in the videos.
- You are encouraged to take photos of what you create and upload them to the course Facebook Group.
- You can ask questions in the group, or by email.
- You will be notified when access is ending.
Affirmation & ATC card play day - 15th April 2021
You can cancel before the course starts and receive a full refund. Once the course date has started, no refund can be given.
Should you have extenuating circumstances, access to the course provision may be extend. This is discretionary.