Please note that this is a Thursday start date so that you can get logged in and join the forum ready to make the most of the weekend ahead.
Our creative souls need time to play and to explore. We need to refill our creative well. Taking care of your wellbeing takes care of you and allows you to nurture your creativity. This course balances the symbols of the seasons with personal expression so you can use your art process to connect you to nature.
This course is for you:
If you love to create small artworks to frame, give or act as an affirmation piece.
If your creative spirit connects you to the seasons and the moon is part of your winter envisioning.
In this online class I will show you how I create layered, mixed-media backgrounds to create a winter landscape featuring the night sky.
You will end the course having created a soulscape - an imagined landscape using the symbols of moon and stars.
Materials you will need for the class:
- Heavy cartridge or watercolour paper
- acrylic paints or inks (or use what you have)
- coloured papers to use for collage (collect book pages, envelopes, magazine pages)
- a printer to print downloads
- coloured pencils/pens
- Posca Pens (optional but I love them)
- Letter stamps (optional)
What you will learn on this course:
- Creating backgrounds
- Creating papers for collage
- Colour and emotion
- Symbolism of moons and stars
- Working on a theme
- Layering up images
- Finding your creative flow
The course content can be accessed from 10am on the start date. You will have 3 weeks access to the content. I've planned the content to give you a full day of creativity or you can spread it over a few evenings.
You will be invited to join a private Facebook group for students on this course so that you can share your ideas and receive feedback from myself and others. It will help keep you inspired, motivated and accountable for getting started and fulfilling your create aspirations.
This course consists of:
- Welcome session
- 5 video tutorials allowing you to follow me as I create soulscapes inspired by the moon and stars.
- Set tasks for you to go through the processes and create your own cards.
- A concluding session
- A Facebook Group forum to allow you to share ideas and get inspiration and feedback.
- Access to my ongoing Facebook community to continue your creative journey in a supportive, like-minded community
What you will need to have:
- The materials on the materials list (see above)
- Access via a PC or laptop to my website where you can access the password protected pages
- Broadband wifi with sufficient speed to watch video content
- You will also need a willingness to have a go and try new ways of working - not focussed on the outcomes, but on devloping a creative flow and adapting new techniques
- Time - a weekend that you can set aside for yourself
- Commitment to fulfil the tasks and share with others in the group so that we can nurture each other.
What to expect:
- After signing up you will get email confirmation of your booking
- On the course start date you will be emailed the log-in codes at 10am. This gives you access to password protected website pages.
- You can access the course immediately and at any point for three weeks. Delivery is via video tutorials that you can start, stop and repeat as you wish.
- There are tasks set for you to try what you have been shown in the videos.
- You are encouraged to take photos of what you create and upload them to the course Facebook Group.
- You can ask questions in the group, or by email.
- You will be notified when access is ending.
Soulscapes - Moon and Stars - November 11th 2021
You can cancel before the course starts and receive a full refund. Once the course date has started, no refund can be given.
Should you have extenuating circumstances, access to the course provision may be extend. This is discretionary.